08 May 2021

Star Trek and The D6 System

Of all the systems I can imagine using as the foundation of a Star Trek role-playing game, The D6 System (or something like it) is probably the best fit. It would be easy to adapt (perhaps using some of the streamlined rules of Zorro: The Roleplaying Game combined with the 1st edition Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game) and it would be easy to play. The system knows when to step in and when to step out, which is a pretty fundamental standard for my style of role-playing.

It is said West End Games was working on a Star Trek RPG before they ceased to exist. In the long history of official and unofficial Star Trek RPG adaptations, I'm confident it would have been the best. Instead of mourning what could have been, though, I think I'll work on my own D6 adaptation. And this time, I'll finish it and run it.

No comments:

Post a Comment